data protection declaration
§ 1 Name and contact data of the Responsible Persons for data processing and internal Data Protection Officer
This data protection declaration applies to any data processing by:
The Responsible Party as per Art. 4 Section 7 EU-General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter named GDPR) is: Wohlleben and Partners Lawyers (hereinafter named: Wohlleben and Partners), IAT Tower, Zurmaiener Straße 164, D-54292 Trier, Germany
Telephone: +49 (651) 994626-0
Fax: +49 (6542) 96326-11
The Internal Data Protection Officer at Wohlleben and Partners is available at the above-mentioned address c/o Ms Nina Hornberger or at firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
§ 2 Information concerning the Collection of Personal Data
(1) Below we will inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data pertains to all data traceable to you personally, such as name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) When you contact us via email or contact form, the information you provide (your email address, your name and your telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data gathered in this context once its storage is no longer necessary or we restrict its processing should statutory retention obligations exist.
(3) Should we wish to make use of subcontracted service providers for individual features of our offer, or use your information for promotional purposes, we will subsequently inform you about the respective processes in detail. In doing so we will also indicate the fixed criteria for the storage period.
§ 3 Collection and Storage of Personal Data including the type and purpose of data usage
(1) In the event of purely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to show you our website and to ensure stability and security. This information will be temporarily stored in a so-called log file:
• Name of website visited
• Time and date of server request
• Browser type and browser version
• Operating system and its interface
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• IP Address and requesting provider
• Referrer URL (Internet address of previously visited page)
• Content of request (specific page)
• Notification whether data retrieval was successful
• Access status/http status code
The afore-mentioned data will be used by us for the following purposes:
• To ensure smooth connection to the website, to ensure a comfortable and user-friendly experience of our website
• Evaluation of the system security and stability as well as for further administrative purposes
(2) In addition to the purely informative use of our website, we offer various services that you may be interested in using. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(3) In some instances, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are audited regularly.
(4) If you have any questions we can offer you the option of contacting us by using the form available on the website. We require your name and e-mail address so that we can identify from whom the request is and are then in a position to answer appropriately. Any other data is voluntary. Data processing for contact purposes takes place according to the legal regulation stated in Art 6 section 1 a GDPR and is based on your voluntary consent. The personal data collected for the use of the contact form will automatically be deleted after completion.
§ 4 Cookies
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser that you are using and allow the site that sets the cookie (here ours) to receive certain information. Cookies cannot run programmes or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet experience user-friendlier and more effective overall.
(2) Information is stored in the cookie which will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. This, however, does not mean that we will receive direct knowledge of your identity.
(3) The placing of cookies serves to make the use of our services friendlier for you. We make use of so-called session cookies in order to identify which individual pages of our website you have visited. This information is automatically deleted when you log out.
(4) In addition, we use temporary cookies for the optimisation of user-friendly operation which are then stored for a certain defined period of time on your computer. When you return to our website in order to make use of our services your computer will automatically be recognised also showing which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to repeat this.
(7) Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that by deactivating the cookies you may not be able to use all features of our website.
§ 5 Data Protection for Applications and Application Processes
We collect and process your personal data where this is required for the processing and handling of your application. Processing may take place electronically. This is particularly the case when the applicant transmits the appropriate job application documents electronically, for example by e-mail or via a form available on our website. Should we then conclude a contract of employment with the applicant, the transmitted data will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship according to applicable legal regulations. Should no contract of employment be concluded, the application documents will be deleted automatically two months after the date of refusal in as far as the erasure is not in conflict with any legitimate interests on our part. Any otherwise legitimate interest in this sense is for example the burden of proof in any process concerning the General Equal Treatment Law (AGG)
§ 6 Disclosure of Data
(1) The direct transmission of your personal data to any third parties for any other purposes than for the following shall not take place.
(2) We only disclose your personal data to third parties when:
• You have expressly given your consent according to Art. 6 section 1 a GDPR
• The transmission is required according to Art. 6 section 1 f GDPR for the purpose of claiming, enacting or defending any legitimate interests and there is no reason to believe that you may have any overriding interest in the non-disclosure of your data
• In the case that the processing according to Art. 6 Section 1 c GDPR is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation as well as
• This being legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6 Section. 1 b GDPR for the conclusion of any contractual relationships with you.
§ 7 Analysis Tools
(1) The tracking tools which are named and used by us as follows are based on Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR. With the use of the deployed tracking tools we wish to ensure the appropriate design and regularly improve the use of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking tools in order to statistically evaluate the use of our website and for the purpose of optimizing our services for you. These interests are legitimate in the sense of the above-mentioned regulations. The respective data processing purposes and data categories are indicated in the appropriate tracking tools.
(2) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer and which allow an analysis of your use of the website. Information generated by the cookies about your use of this website are generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the case of the activation of the IP anonymization of this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or another contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
(3) The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed in a shortened form, a direct personal reference can be excluded. If a personal reference is contained in the data collected about you, it will be immediately excluded, and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) You can prevent the storage of cookies with corresponding settings for your browser software; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all features of this website in full. You may also prevent Google's collection of data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie from your use of the website from Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
As an alternative to the browser add on or within the browsers on mobile devices, please click onto this Link in order to prevent any data collection by Google Analytics from the use of this website. An opt-out cookie will then be deposited on your computer. If you delete your cookies, you will have to click onto this link again.
(6) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offering with the statistics and make it more relevant for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics in Art.6 Section 1 f. GDPR.
(7) For information about third-party providers: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Terms of service: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
§ 8 Links
(1) From our website we link up to various other websites, e.g. Facebook or Xing. This does not involve any social plug-in but is purely a link. No data are transmitted to the respective providers. Only when you actually click onto the link will you reach this page. Any previous exchange of data prior to clicking onto the link does not take place.
§ 9 Your Rights
You have the following rights:
• According to Art. 15 GDPR you have the right to obtain confirmation about any personal data being processed by us. In particular, you have the right to obtain information about purpose of processing, the category of personal data concerned, the categories of the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, existence of the right of appeal, the origin of the data in as far as these were not collected by us, and the existence of an automated decision-making including profiling and significant meaningful information of the details;
• According to Art. 16 GDPR you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate or completion of personal data concerning yourself;
• According to Art. 17 GDPR you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data without undue delay in as far as the processing does not apply to exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, or to compliance with a legal obligation, or for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• According to Art. 18 GDPR you have the right to restriction of processing of personal data in as far as the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data and we no longer need the data and you need these data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or according to Art 21. GDPR you have objected to processing;
• According to Art. 20 GDPR you have the right to data portability in as far as the personal data which you have provided us shall be transmitted in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to you or you have the right to have those data transmitted to another responsible party;
• According to Art. 7 section 3 GDPR you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This has the consequence that we may not continue to exercise data processing which is based on your consent in future and
• According to Art. 77 GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. This can be at your habitual residence or place of work or at domicile of our law firm.
§ 10 Right to Object or Right of Revocation against Data Processing
(1) Should you have granted consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to revoke your declaration of consent at any time. Such a revocation will impact the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data once you have sent it to us.
(2) In as far as we process your personal data for the purpose of legitimate interests according to Art. 6 section 1 GDPR you can submit an objection to the processing. This is the case when the processing in particular is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, In that case we will outline the description of the function. When exercising this right of objection we kindly ask you to provide the reasons why we should not process the personal data. In the case of a justified objection we will examine the matter and will either adjust or terminate the data processing or indicate to you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the data processing.
(3) Of course you may object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes and data analysis at any time. You may inform us about your objection to marketing by using the following contact information:
§ 11 Data Security
We use the established SSL (Secure Socket Layer) process within the website server in connection with the highest encrypted links which are supported by your browser. This usually involves a 256 Bit encryption. In the case that your browser does not support a 256 Bit encryption, we will refer to 128 Bit v3 technology. Whether an individual page of our website is encrypted or not, can be recognized by the depiction of a closed key or the lock symbol respectively in the lower status line of your browser. We also make use of suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against any unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly being improved according to the technological development.
§ 12 Duration of the Storage of Personal Data
The criteria for the duration of storage of any personal data is subject to the respective statutory retention period. On expiry of the retention period the relevant data shall be regularly erased in as far as they are not required for the performance of any contract or for contract negotiations.
§ 13 Use of Web Fonts
For the uniform presentation of script forms on these internet pages external scripts from Fonts.com are used. When viewing any page your browser loads the necessary Web Fonts into your browser cache in order to show any texts and scripts correctly.
For this purpose the browser you use has to connect to the servers of the Web Font providers. If your browser does not support this function a standard script form of your computer will be used. The use of Web Font is in the interest of the universal and optimal presentation of our online services. This represents a legitimate interest in the sense of Art. 6 Section 1 f GDPR.
Further information on fonts is available under:
§ 14 Application of Java-Script
We use active components in Java-Script from external providers. When you visit our website these external providers receive may receive personal data information concerning your visit to the website. Processing outside the EU is possible. You can prevent this by installing Java-Script Blockers such as the browser plug-in “NoScript” (www.noscript.net) or by deactivating the Java-Script in your browser. However, we would like to point out that our website and services only has a limited function if you deactivate the use of Java-Script.
§ 15 Applicability and Amendments to this Data Protection Declaration
This data protection statement is currently valid and applicable as of May 2018. Through the further development of our website and services covering or based on amended statutory or official directives it may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration. The respective current data protection declaration can be viewed and printed from our website at any time: https://www.wohlleben-partner.de/datenschutz